A new website can be a good, long-term investment. But it’s not meant to be a one-size-fits-all online destination. If your website is going to be primarily for marketing purposes, the time to bring marketing into the Web development process is right from the start! While it is possible to fine-tune a website post-launch, you’ll definitely appreciate how much easier things can be if you have your marketing plan in place first. Here’s why.
Websites are designed to deliver a message to visitors. They also need to be created with specific objectives and goals in mind. When marketing is there from the start, Web designers can get a better idea of what features to include and how to set up everything up for the intended visitors. If your marketing goals are an afterthought following website development, you’ll end up doing a lot more work to get the expected results with your site. Think about your objectives by clarifying:
• The specific purpose of the site (e.g., brand visibility, e-commerce activity)
• Specific goals for your site
• How your website will work with your other marketing efforts
People come to websites at different points in the buying cycle. Some visitors will be ready to convert right away, while others will need some additional nudging in the form of supplemental info on your website. By mapping out the buyer’s journey as it applies to what you are offering, developers can create a site that’s welcoming to visitors at the specific stages of the buyer’s journey you want to focus on.
Every brand has its own unique tone and image. You will need to make sure that your designers know what kind of tone you want your website to reflect, especially if you want to keep everything aligned with how your brand is represented elsewhere. This means breaking down your brand’s image and messaging by:
• Target demographics
• Marketing personas reflective of your ideal target website visitor
• The overall tone and image of your brand (e.g., youthful, fun, informative, professional, trustworthy, etc.)
• What’s unique about your brand that sets you apart from your competitors
Searchers are coming to your site with a specific purpose in mind. So, your website needs to be created in a way that’s useful for your intended audience. Let your development team know as much information as possible about the products or services you’ll be offering and the specific reasons visitors will likely be coming to your site. Go a step further and give them a road map to follow with a detailed content marketing plan specific to what you plan to include on your website. Developers can then use these details to:
• Design product/service pages more likely to inspire conversions
• Include customer reviews, feedback, and testimonials in the right location
• Integrate appropriate links to your social media pages or blog so searchers needing more info will have other resources easily available
A smart way to incorporate marketing into the development of your website is to work with a team that has experience with both concepts. This is exactly what you’ll have access to when working with Create Web Studios. We offer a wide range of services that include Web design along with social media, and all other aspects of online marketing plus measurable results.
Ready to see results that matter most to you? Contact Create Web Studios today to learn more about our services.