In this fast paced world, everyone wants to see results quickly. Internet marketing is changing everyday, making it hard to understand and keep up with sometimes. One of the main questions people ask when they start working the search engine optimization (SEO) of their website, “How long will it take for me to make it page one of Google?”
There are many defining factors that decide where and when your website shows up on the first page of Google:
1) Your Website
- Domain Age: How old is your website URL? If your competitors have an older domain age, they will have an easier time out ranking you.
- # of Pages: You need to add as many relevant pages to your website as you can. Just having the main pages will not be enough to make it to Page 1.
- Page Rank: The better Google ranks your website, the better chance you have of making it to Page 1. Google takes a lot of items into consideration when looking at your site, domain age, number of pages, flow of the site, H1 tags, marketable and SEO friendly content etc. It then gives your website a number of nothing to 10. You can read more about PageRank here.
2) Your Competitors
- Google rates your competitors the same way it ranks you. Make your website better! That means, more pages, more back-links, and more relevant content! Get to work or hire us!
3) Do Some Work:
- Build new website pages: Base these on your target keywords you would like to rank for. Remember to include your H1 tag, meta description and keyword content. For example, we rank for the search term “SEO Jacksonville” so we wrote a page about Search Engine Optimization and tagged all the elements with the terms SEO Jacksonville.
- Build Links: Link building is very important for SEO, whenever you get the chance work on getting quality links to your site. Link sources could be directories, blog comments, press releases, and links from other sites.
4) So How Long Really?
- If you are a local search and have similar stats to your competitors, count on waiting 6-9 months to get first page rankings. Depending on how competitive the market is, you will probably be top 3 or 4-6 position.
- If you are a brand new site, 12 months is needed.
Do you need more help on this topic? Contact Jeff Venn at (904) 257-6485 or send us a message online.